This would make an absolutely awesome gag gift. If you sent this as a gag or for real, I'd give good odds the recipient would never speak to you again.
I want that and a snuggie. Maybe a druggie gram? What if I order a huggie gram and Huggy Bear shows up? Can I sue for discrimination if my huggie gram is too small? This is great for people who do not want to touch other people. Germs. Germs everywhere.
The market is ripe for all kinds of psycho items. These Huggers are perfect for all the people who live in fear because the Republican Fear Mongers flood their mind with lies about the World ending because Obama is President.
Sara Palin and her cohorts including The Senate and House minority leaders, Mitch McConnell and John Boehner are once again using fear and lies to paint a picture of doom.
What a perfect gift for those who believe these "Scaremongers" !
Music is powerful. It helps us learn things (think of the Alphabet Song or anything from Schoolhouse Rock). It recalls memories of events past, both specific and vague. For me, I see myself walking past WIMPE (the former nickname for Campus Recreation Center - East at the University of Illinois) on my way back to Allen Hall whenever I listen to Hearing Aid by They Might Be Giants. Music can lift our spirits or drive us deeper into despair. Because music has such an impact, I argue advertisers use music, popular music especially, to subconsciously feed our society's runaway consumerism. Once upon a time, advertisers used to commission songwriters to produce songs specific for the product they wanted to sell. The jingles for Alka-Seltzer® and Tootsie Rolls® come immediately to mind for me, but there were thousands of jingles for the thousands of products advertised on television and radio. In the last fifteen years, most advertisers stopped writing jingles, choosing instead to cull ...
I was at a drive through ATM this evening. Waiting for the transaction to finish processing, I read this sign posted under the screen (next to a jack for standard headphones or earbuds): AUDITORY ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE FOR THE VISUALLY IMPAIRED The first thing that went through my mind when I read that was, "Why would a blind person use a drive through ATM?" Next, I thought about how U.S. currency discriminates against the blind and visually impaired. I remember reading several articles over the last few years about the new anti-counterfeiting measures they added to the redesigned currency: color changing ink, watermarks, microprinting, and the little magnetic strips that have the bill's denomination written on it. In these articles I remembered how some people still have issues with the currency because every bill in circulation is exactly the same size. Other countries, I believe, have different sized bills so you can tell them apart without looking at them. Euros come in...
Disclaimer: This is simply an observation. To those with children, no offense is implied. I used to work as an inventory specialist for a furniture store chain. While my cubicle sat in a raised mezzanine overlooking the large distribution center, I occasionally ventured out to the stores to manage the scheduled inventory of an individual store's stock (floor samples and so forth). On one of these trips, I met a person who worked for one of those independent inventory contractors with a very peculiar last name. While I cannot remember his first name, his last name is one I will never forget. It was Cmunt (pronounced "smunt"). Given his small stature, I gathered he had his share of ass-kicking and name-calling while growing up with a name like Cmunt. His well-weathered, lined face adorned with a walrus mustache and bushy goatee complemented his cheerful demeanor though. When speaking with him, he spoke of his last name with a weary, good-natured humor. It was obvious he cl...
Comments
Sara Palin and her cohorts including The Senate and House minority leaders, Mitch McConnell and John Boehner are once again using fear and lies to paint a picture of doom.
What a perfect gift for those who believe these "Scaremongers" !